This semester I learned many new concepts. I learned how to use Mudbox more effectively to sculpt my custom textures maps. I also refined how fluid dynamics look for different types of bodies of water. I learned how to create rain particles and different types of fields. Now that the semester is over, I’m going to spend time going over more tutorials learning how to use particles to create all sorts of VFX.
After many hours of hard work, here is my final render of the castle:
This week has been just a bunch of final touches to the scene. There are still a few things that need to be cleaned up but this is my first final render. What I did for the scene this week was setup the camera path guide for my animated render. I also created and organized the render layers so I can easily composite my scene. I color corrected the fog and fixed other small tweaks.
This week I tweaked the lighting even more and added some shadows to the lights. I also fixed miscellaneous small things to improve the scene.
I retextured the castle and finished all the small objects in the scene including the bridge and door frame. I also did many experiments to see how I’m going to composite this with the many different layers. Once the clouds move at the right speed and the fog looks just right, I’ll start rendering a trailer with composed music to fit the mood of the scene.
I worked hard on the lighting in the scene. I created an ocean and some fog in by the coast. I created animated clouds and a sky box for the camera. I still have alot of small things that need to be added for realism and should be completed in another week.
This week I created maps for the castle. I also worked on the shaders for each model. I started working on lighting and plan to have it finished by next week.
This week I worked on the castle itself. I also imported some of my maps to see how they look. I’m almost fully finished with all the modeling and then I can move on to my favorite part, lighting!