Pizza is a tasty and healthy snack when used with the right ingredients, especially when made completely from scratch. Here is a great pizza recipe made on whole wheat crust.
- Whole Wheat Pizza Crust – Recipe
- Tomato Sauce
- Turkey Meat Ground
- Tomatoes Diced
- Red Onions
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
I don’t use any measurements for my recipes, because when I cook, I only measure by relative flavor. I will however, give you relative ratios. That way you have a general idea. But the exact amount is all based on personal preference. The ingredients are in order of amount needed.
- Start off by making the pizza crust. I use Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
- Spread out your tomato sauce on thick and make sure you get it all the way out to the edges.
- While all of this is happening, brown some ground turkey meat in a frying pan with some extra virgin olive oil. Once browned, add to the top of the pizza.
- Add diced tomatoes, chopped onion, & sliced jalapanos. Add minced Parsley, Oregano, Garlic, & Basil.
- Sprinkle a little bit of cheese & crushed red peppers.
- Bake it in the oven on a baking sheet at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the cheese starts browning.
- To get a perfect browning on the cheese, turn your oven from bake to broil for 45 seconds to two minutes. Watch the pizza very carefully because it can burn in a matter of minutes.
because its healthier and tastes more complete.
Check out all of my Healthy Recipes for something new!