Recipe: Slow Cooked Lamb Chili
A slow cooked lamb chili with tomatoes and bean medley.
- Black Beans
- Kidney Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Tomato Paste
- Tomatoes Crushed
- Chili Powder
- Black Pepper
- White Sugar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
I don’t use any measurements for my recipes, because when I cook, I only measure by relative flavor. I will however, give you relative ratios. That way you have a general idea. But the exact amount is all based on personal preference. The ingredients are in order of amount needed.
- Start off by Sautéing Garlic, Chili Powder, Black Pepper & chopped Onion in Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a frying pan until a light golden brown. Make sure you use enough oil to coat the pan with a little pool. Then scoop everything into your sauce pot.
- Pan fry your Lamb in Olive Oil with more Garlic until the outside is browned. Then dump everything into your sauce pot.
- Add your Black Beans, Kidney Beans, Pinto Beans, Tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, sliced Jalapanos, chopped Carrot, chopped Onion, and Garlic.
- Add Chili Powder, Oregano, Cumin, Paprika, Coriander, and White Sugar for taste.
- Bring the chili to a boil while constantly stirring it. Once at a boil, lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 2-3 hours. The chili is at it’s perfect point when the beans are very soft and the meat just falls apart.
- Corn Bread and Green Beans go great with chili!
Check out all of my Healthy Recipes for something new!