Stir fry is quite popular in Asian cuisine. While there are a million different ways to wok up some stir fry, rice and mixed veggies cooked in oil seems to be the staple. Just about anything can be used in a stir fry because it’s name suggests a type of cooking. This is perfect when you’re low on food and want some way to combine everything together into something good. This is a simple recipe with the ingredients I had laying around the house and the dish came out quite tasty. Let’s take a look.
- Jasmine Brown Rice
- Bel Peppers
- Canola Oil
- Stir Fry Sauce (Sweet N Sour)
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Seeds
- Ginger Powder
I don’t use any measurements for my recipes, because when I cook, I only measure by relative flavor. I will however, give you relative ratios. That way you have a general idea. But the exact amount is all based on personal preference. The ingredients are in order of amount needed.
- Add half a cup of rice per serving to a pot. Add twice as much water to rice into the pot. Quickly bring to a boil. Cover and lower the heat to a simmer. Let it steam on low for fifteen minutes. Turn off the heat and let it steam for another ten minutes.
- If you wanted to add meat to the stir fry, brown it separately until almost fully cooked. Fully cooking it now could cause it to overcook when everything is brought together.
- In a wok, sauté minced garlic and onions in canola oil until a light golden brown.
- Throw into the wok the chopped vegetables: zucchini, bel pepper, mushrooms, eggplant, and more onion. You can add whatever vegetables you like in as well. Sauté them until they are lightly browned.
- Add the steamed rice into the wok and add in a little more oil to get things sizzling but don’t drench it with oil.
- Add your seasonings: stirfry sauce, ginger powder, sesome seeds, and a little soy sauce.
- Add a little sriracha for the flavor. Or add a lot if you want to give it some heat as well. Even if you don’t like spicey, a little shirasha really does add a distinct flavor. So I advise you add at least add a tiny bit.
- Wok everything up for 5-10 minutes on high heat to let everything cook together.
- Then enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this healthy asian vegetable stir fry recipe with rice. Check out all of my Healthy Recipes for something new!