Thai Food Recipe with Noodles in Peanut Sauce
Thai cooking has a nice blend of vegetables, herbs, and spices mixed with some fresh rice noodles. I love thai food because of the different chili peppers they use. I may always finish eating with my head red from the heat, but the burn is just so good. If you aren’t a fan of spicy food, just be mindful of how much chili peppers you add.
- Bok Choy
- Purple Cabbage
- Green Onion
- Shredded Carrots
- Bean Sprouts
- Red Onion
- Rice Noodles
- Chunky Peanut Butter
- Soy Sauce
- Peanut Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Chili Powder
- Sesame Oil
- Ginger Powder
- Chopped Garlic
- Cayenne Pepper
- Black Pepper
- Pad Thai Sauce
- Lime Juice
- Chinese 5-Spice (Anise, Cinnamon, Star Anise, Cloves, Ginger)
I don’t use any measurements for my recipes, because when I cook, I only measure by relative flavor. I will however, give you relative ratios. That way you have a general idea. But the exact amount is all based on personal preference. The ingredients are in order of amount needed.
- Before you start cooking, it’s best to prep the sauce. In a bowl, mix Chunky Peanut Butter, Peanut Oil, and Soy Sauce. This will be the base of the sauce. Next will be the spices.
- Add into the sauce: Ginger Powder, Chopped Garlic, Lime juice, Sesame Oil, Brown Sugar, Black Pepper, Chili Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Sriracha, and Chinese 5-spice. If you don’t have Chinese 5-Spice, you may use Anise, Cinnamon, Star Anise, Cloves, Ginger as a substitute.
- Lastly for the sauce I added a packet of Pad Thai sauce mix. It’s not required but it definitely adds to the flavor. Mix this sauce up really well and put aside for later. The images below show the Pad Thai Sauce packet I used. It can be found at any Walmart, Foodmax, or Winco.
- In a small pot boil some water. Once at a full boil, lower the heat to a simmer and add your Chicken. Cook for about 5-10 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove from the water and chop it up into bite sized pieces. Set aside for now.
- In another small pot, boil some water. Once at a full boil, lower the heat to a simmer and add your Rice Noodles. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft. These cook VERY fast so be careful. Overcooking them will turn them into moosh. Strain the water out and give the noodles a good rinse. Set the noodle to the side on a paper towel to absorb extra moisture.
- Grease up a giant wok with Peanut Oil. If you don’t have one, the largest frying pan you have will work too. A wok just cooks the food better with its special shape.
- Chop up: Bok Choy, Purple Cabaage, Green Onion, Red Onion, and Mint. Add it all into your wok.
- Add the Bean Sprouts and Shredded Carrots into the wok.
- Cook all the vegetables in the wok with a little extra peanut oil on high heat until they are soft and fully cooked.
- Add your chopped chicken, rice noodles, and the sauce you prepared before into the wok. Mix everything up really well and cook for a few minutes to blend all the flavors together.
- Add a couple of sprigs of fresh mint on top and you’re ready to eat.
I hope you enjoy one of our Thai Food Recipes with Noodles. This recipe was created by David Sims, Marc Zirin and Sarah Lipman. Check out all of my Healthy Recipes for something new!
One thought on “Thai Food Recipe with Noodles in Peanut Sauce”
That’s an awesome recipe. I’m going to have to make that. It sounds quite delicious.