This recipe originated from the movie, The Godfather. During the movie for a brief scene, they explain how they made tomato sauce. That movie is one of the best of all time, so I decided to try the recipe. After making it more than once, I’ve tweaked it a bit to add some more flavor. This recipe is best made in large bulk quantities. Preserve the extra in jars and freeze it. Everything I use is fresh, organic, and healthy.
- Organic Tomatoes, Diced
- Tomato Paste
- Onion (whole & chopped)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cabernet Sauvignon – Red Wine
- White Sugar
- Fresh Garlic Clove
- Basil, Whole Leaf
- Oregano, Whole Leaf
- Bay Leaf
- Italian Parsley, Fresh
- Start off by Sautéing Garlic & chopped Onion in Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a frying pan until a light golden brown. Make sure you use enough oil to coat the pan with a little pool. Then scoop everything into your sauce pot.
- Add your diced Organic Tomatoes, Tomato Paste, & chopped Onions. Add your Whole Basil, Oregano, Parsley, & Bay Leaf.
- Pan fry your Meatballs & Sausage in Olive Oil with more Garlic until the outside is browned. Then dump everything into your sauce pot.
- Bring everything to a boil. Constantly stir for Five Minutes.
- Add whole Garlic Clove & whole Onion. Add desired amount of White Sugar for sweetness. Add desired amount of Cabernet Sauvignon for sauce complement.
- Stir everything & lower heat to a Low Simmer for at least Five Hours. Cover with leaving a crack for steam to escape to prevent over boil.
- Stir every 15-20 Minutes & make sure that it doesn’t burn.
- Serve & Enjoy!!
Check out all of my Healthy Recipes for something new!