Charcoal Burgers Marinated in a Sweet n Spicy BBQ sauce. Sprinkled with Garlic and Minced Onions. Slow cooked to be Chrispy on the Outside, Juicy on the Inside. All on a Garlic Bread Bun. All from scratch. Yeah I’m proud.
- Hamburger Patties – 93/7 Fat Content
- Sweet n Spicy BBQ sauce
- Wheat Bun
- Black Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
I don’t use any measurements for my recipes, because when I cook, I only measure by relative flavor. I will however, give you relative ratios. That way you have a general idea. But the exact amount is all based on personal preference. The ingredients are in order of amount needed.
The burgers can be cooked many different ways but I prefer a Webber Charcoal Grill. The smokiness of the charcoal adds that perfect touch to the final flavor. Don’t try to take short cuts by using that liquid smoke stuff, it’ll just ruin the food. Also it’s ok to rotate a burger, but it should only be flipped once!! Flipping it multiple times dries out the burger and once again, ruins it.
- Marinate the burger in the BBQ sauce for at least one hour prior before cooking. Longer is better but one hour is the minimum.
- As the burgers cook on the grill, coat them with a generous amount of BBQ sauce to get a nice caramelization. Sprinkle on top the minced garlic and onions. About every two minutes, rotate the burger 45 degrees to get that perfect cross mark on the meat.
- After one or two rotations, flip the burger and repeat on the other side. Once again, make sure your ready to flip because a burger should only be flipped once.
- To make the garlic bread bun, coat it with butter and sprinkle garlic, onions, paprika, italian seasoning, and black pepper. Put it face down on the grill for thirty seconds to one minute depending on the level of toasting you want. The bread will cook very fast.
- Take everything off the grill, let it cool down for a minute, and enjoy a perfect burger on the perfect bun.
Check out all of my Healthy Recipes for something new!